For Mac OS X Mail users, here are the steps to setup email client to access email account setup on your web hosting account :-
- Launch your Mac OS X Mail program.
- Select File -> Add Account at the OS X Mail menu bar
- Select POP Account type pop-up menu.
- Enter the following info :-
- General information : Enter a general description of this email account setting, this will be shown in the mailbox list of your Mail program
- Name: Enter a display name for shown in your outgoing messages.
- Email : Enter full email address (i.e. email@example.com)
- Password: password set for this email account
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Email account setting is done, you can further change some preferred settings for this email account.
- Select Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts then select the newly created email account.
- In Mailbox Behavior pane, choose the preferred options for managing this email account.
- In Advance pane, choose to include this account when checking new messages and other options as preferred.
For a more detail explanation on the setup process, you can refer to the support documentation Setup Mac OS X Mail at official apple.com website.