Mozilla Thunderbird, an open source email client from Mozilla.org has been gaining popularity as with the flagship product Firefox browser. Below are steps to configure Mozilla Thunderbird to access email account on your domain hosting account :-
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird program in your computer.
- Select Tools from the menu, then Account Settings tab.
- In the new screen, click Add Account button, choose Email Account and click Next.
- Enter the name to be displayed to message recipients receiving messages from this email account an click Next.
- Select POP as incoming server type and the incoming server mail.yourdomain.com, click Next.
- Enter full email address as username and click Next.
- Enter a description for this email account setup that will appear in your Mozilla Thunderbird program mailbox list, click Next, double check the settings and click Finish to complete the setup process.
- In the Account Settings window, select Outgoing Server listed below this new email account. Enter mail.yourdomain.com and click OK
For a complete documentation on Mozilla Thunderbird, please check Mozilla Thunderbird knowledgebase
for list of available user submitted articles.