If you are using the more complete contact and task management tool Microsoft Outlook instead of the simple email client to access your email account setup on your web hosting account, please follow steps below to setup email account access in your Microsoft Outlook program :-
- Start Microsoft Outlook program in your computer.
- Click Tools -> Account Settings -> New at the top menu bar in Microsoft Outlook program.
- In the Add New Email Account window select POP3 and click Next to proceed to next setup screen.
- Enter the display name, email address ad password for the email account you are setting up in the respective field, [checked] Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Enter the following info :-
Your name : Name to be shown to recipient
Email Address: Email address (i.e. email@example.com) that you are setting up now
Account Type: The type of email account you have (POP3)
Incoming Mail Server : mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing Mail Server : mail.yourdomain.com
HTTP Service Provider: If you have selected 'Account Type' to be of 'HTTP', then enter the host address here
Server URL: If you have selected 'HTTP' Account type and 'Other' in HTTP Service Provider, you have to provide the URL to the mailbox here
User Name : Enter FULL email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) as login username
Password : Password set for this email account
- Click Test Account Settings to have Outlook attempt to connect with the settings given.
- If test complete successfully, click Next and Finish to save the email account setup
Above instructions are suitable for Microsoft Outlook 2007, older Microsoft Outlook versions may have slightly different email setup instructions, you can refer to microsoft support document for a complete instructions on configuring Microsoft Outlook for different versions of Outlook.