After creating an email account on your domain using the web hosting account control panel, you will need to setup the email client to properly access the email account for checking new messages and send out replies. Below are steps to configure a popular email client Outlook Express to access an email account :-
- Open up Outlook Express program in your PC or notebook.
- At the top menu bar of the Outlook Express program, select Tools -> Accounts to open up the add account window.
- In the add account window, click Add Account and select Mail to launch the add mail account wizard.
- In the first window of the wizard screen, enter the name that you want your recipient to see when receiving messages sending from this email account in the empty field, click OK to proceed to next screen.
- In the second screen, enter the email address that you are now setting to access and press OK to proceed to next screen.
- In third screen, enter the following :-
Incoming Mail Server (POP3) : mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) : mail.yourdomain.com
Account name : FULL email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password : password_set_for_this_email_account
[Checked] server requires authentication
- Click OK and the email account is setup in your Outlook Express, you can now try to send and receive to confirm it is working properly.
You can also check out the microsoft support documentation for complete guide on configuring outlook express.