Email autoresponder is useful when you want to give a quick and general short reply to the message sender when the message is received on a certain email account. For example, you want to send a short "Thank you" note when a sales enquiry email is received. People also use the email autoresponder to notify message sender of a vacation break and perhaps an alternate channel to reach him/her if it is an urgent matter.
To setup an email autoresponder, please follow steps below :-
- Login to your website hosting account control panel
- Click Mail and then Auto-responder to enter the setup screen.
- Click Add auto-responder to bring up the entry form.
- In the Email field, enter email username (left portion of '@' of email address) and select the domain for the email address from the drop down box. This email address is the email address that you wish to setup autoresponder.
- In the From field, enter the display name for the email address above.
- In the Subject field, enter the subject line for the email autoresponder message.
- In the Character set drop down box, select the appropriate character set of the message you are about to compose.
- Checked or Unchecked the HTML message check box depending on your autoresponder message.
- Enter your autoresponder message in the body text box.
- Click Create/Modify to setup the autoresponder.
Test the email autoresponder by sending a message to the email address with the autoresponder setup, check and see if you are receiving the email autoresponder.