For Gallery version prior to 2.2, you will need to go through the manual installation process for installing modules.
Third-party modules that are not registered in the official gallery modules server are required to go through this manual installation process as well if you need to install it to your gallery website.
Below are details of manually installing gallery modules :-
- Visit the official modules download page or your third party gallery modules download page to download the module
- Uncompress the module file and FTP upload the expanded folder to into your hosting account, place the folder in the modules folder in your gallery program folder, i.e. modules/new_module/
- Login to your gallery site admin screen and visit Site Admin > Modules and click install next to the new module name to install the new modules
- after installing the new modules, click activate to activate the module in your gallery website
- The new module is now live in your gallery website, check through the new modules to see if there are any additional steps to setup the module