Third party gallery themes and themes for gallery version earlier than 2.2 will have to be installed manually (gallery 2.2+ version has a much easier installation approach).
Below describe the manual installation process for installing gallery theme :-
- visit official theme download page or the third party theme download page to download the compressed theme file
- uncompress the theme file and FTP upload the expanded folder to the hosting account, place the new theme folder in the themes folder in your gallery 2 program folder, i.e. /home/username/gallery2/themes/new_theme/
- Login to your gallery 2 administration screen and click Site Admin > Themes
- click install next to the new theme name to install the new theme, then click activate again to activate the new theme in your gallery 2 program
- If you want to set this new theme as default theme to your gallery 2 website, set it at the default theme option