Joomla comes with a user friendly Installer option in administrator screen that is handy for installing additional functionality to your Joomla website. You can install Joomla components, modules, mambots and templates through this handy installer.
Here are the overview of the steps involve in the installation process, the process is the same for installation for modules, mambots, components and templates :-
* download the joomla modules, mambots, components zip file you want to add to your joomla website to your PC
* login to joomla administrator screen and set new file/folder writable permission
* activate installer to upload and install the zip file
We have explained the process in detail below :-
- download joomla modules, components, mambots or template zip file to your PC computer.
- login to your joomla administrator screen by entering the following url in your browser (http://pathtoyourjoomlawebsite/administrator/)
- We will first set the new file/folder creation permission, select menu Site -> Global Configuration
- In the Global Configuration screen, click Server tab.
- Under Directory Permission section, click CHMOD new Files to 0666
- Under Directory Permission section, click CHMOD new directories to 0777
- Click Save button on top of screen to save the configuration settings
- Click menu Installer and select either component, mambots, modules or template depending on what you are installing.
- In the selected screen, click the Browse button to bring up your local PC folder list
- Locate the downloaded zip file and click Open to return the file path back into the Installer screen
- Click Upload File & Install to initiate the process. This will unzip the zip file, upload the files and folders into your joomla website hosting account and set the appropriate file/folder permissions
- After the process complete, a status screen will be shown, check to see if there is any error messages and if everything is ok, click Continue to go back to the selected installer option screen
- The piece of software you have just installed is shown in the list, you can choose to activate, deactivate, set default (for theme) and other options available in the screen.
- You are done